"We cannot change the past. We can change the future by educating, advocating, and challenging policies that exclude, oppress, or suppress people of color, disAbled, low-income communities and those within them."
Tonisha M. Pinckney, Dr. Toni started IAM MORE, LLC (2009) and eventually I AM MORE Institute for Excellence & Social Responsibility (2011) with the hopes of touching the lives of those who seem to slip between the cracks and educating the community. Eventually, the vision expanded leader her to a path of social justice, criminal justice, and civil rights advocacy and activism. Dr. Toni seeks to find common ground and opportunities for collaboration between and within communities of color,
Dr. Toni was born and raised in and around Newark, NJ.
Dr. Pinckney earned a Doctor of Philosophy in Criminal Justice and Criminology (University of Massachusetts, Lowell), a Master of Science in Criminal Justice (University of Cincinnati), a Bachelor of Science in Accounting (Kean University), and graduate certificates in Security Studies and Forensic Criminology, both from the University of Massachusetts Lowell. Dr. Pinckney earned her Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Kean University in New Jersey. She is Certified Fraud Examiner, Master Analyst in Financial Forensics, and has a host of other educational and professional development certifications and accomplishments in criminal justice, business, and leadership.
Dr. Pinckney is an outspoken author, advocate, and activist on issues of racial, socioeconomic, and gender disparities. She helps promote and maintain diversity and inclusiveness, and advocates for more funding for mental health treatment, transportation, child mental health services, health care, and police training. Fueled by her own experiences, she authored books discussing domestic violence, sexual assault, parenting, grief, mental illness, and racial and socio-economic disparity – I AM MORE – The Journey (2009, 2016), I AM MORE: Surviving Survival (2013, 2017), and Get Over It? I'm Still Going Through it! 15 Tools to Use When Going Through Tough Times (2017). Recognizing the importance of saying, "I AM MORE!” Dr. Pinckney registered it as a trademark. She is also the author of My turn To Lead: Fundamentals of Leadership & Influence for New and Emerging Leaders (2018).
Current Community Leadership Positions/Affiliations:
· COMMISSIONER, Massachusetts Commission on the Status of Women (Worcester Region)
· PRESIDENT OF BOARD OF TRUSTEES ELECT, Worcester Recovery Center & Hospital, Department of Mental Health
· ADVISORY COUNCIL MEMBER, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
· ETHICS OVERSIGHT BOARD MEMBER (ELECTED POSITION); C0-CHAIR 2020 ANNUAL CONSULTANTS CONVENTION; BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE, National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
· CO-CHAIR OF DIVERSITY & OUTREACH COMMITTEE; DIVERSITY & INCLUSION COMMITTEE MEMBER, National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts
· BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBER, National Alliance on Mental Illness Central Massachusetts (NAMI-CM)
· BOARD MEMBER, CHAIR OF INTERNAL INVESTIGATION AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION COMMITTEE; MEMBER OF DIVERSITY & INCLUSION COMMITTEE., National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Massachusetts
· EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBER; CO-CHAIR OF DIVERSITY & OUTREACH COMMITTEE; FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE MEMBER, Association for Continuing Higher Education (ACHE) – Northeast Region
· GRANT REVIEWER; GRANT FUND COMMITTEE, New England Grassroots Environment Fund
· CRIMINAL JUSTICE ALUMNI ADVISORY BOARD (ELECTED MEMBER), University of Massachusetts Lowell Massachusetts Domestic & Sexual Violence Council
· ELECTED COUNCIL MEMBER - Massachusetts Domestic & Sexual Violence Council
· COURT APPOINTED SPECIAL ADVOCATE (CASA) – CASA Worcester County (MA)
· SPECIAL EDUCATION SURROGATE PARENT (SESP) - Federation for Children with Special Needs
Current Professional Roles:
· CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, Revelatus Specialized Accounting & Consulting, LLC
· VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, Salem State University
· LECTURER, Lasell University